Wednesday 6 August 2014

Perfumes: the Staples

I love perfumes. I use it sparingly, only at certain moods and occasions. Well, I like soft, powdery, flowery perfume. However, my nose usually search for certain fragrance which reminds me of my childhood memories, or certain people in my life. I always associate my late grandmother with L'Air du Temps and my late mother with Eau de Val from L'Occitane. Unfortunately, Eau de Val (Magnolia)  is discontinued. And me and my childhood  memories still searching for that fragrance. 

I like to try out new perfume, but I my staples are pretty consistent. They are Diorissimo, Chanel Beige, and I have two newcomers which are quite refreshing. Acca Kappa Glicine and Crabtree and Evelyn's Wisteria. Too bad, my Diorissimo bottle is left at my dad's house.. so.. I just have 3 of them to be shown here.  




Chanel Beige
Chanel has something with the colour of beige. It stated that Madame Chanel was asking for refugee in Beige. The house has certain line named Beige, but I only dip my toes (or nose!) in the perfume. The amber tone of the fluid, really reminds me of my childhood when I see my grandma's vanity table.  This is very feminine, and understated beauty. There are notes of frangipani, jasmine, gardenia and rose.. everything balanced with a certain warm-almost leathery dry down.  The fragrance will blend seamlessly to skin, and it is far from overpowering. I still can smell the perfume on my skin after work, and yes, when I actually sniff my skin. It is that subtle. Very, very elegant. Sophisticated, but not snobbish. I see myself wear Beige  daily  and Beige is that special to wear for certain occasion. I do not know who is the artist behind this perfume, but he/she creates such a masterpiece.  

Acca Kappa Glicine
Glicine, also known as Wisteria, is my first Italian perfume. The compositions are sicilian lemon, bergamot, melon, wisteria, white lily, magnolia. There is a hint of warmness on the dry down, from amber, vanilla, musk and sandalwood. Feminine, subtle and warm. I bought this to replace Eau de Val's for the subtle magnolia scent. However, this perfume is a  warm kind rather than the cool kind (like Eau de Val). Still searching my replacement for Eau de Val. Again, it is not an overpowering perfume, and perhaps another spray  in the afternoon would be enough if I am working until night.

Crabtree & Evelyn Wisteria
Another Wisteria variant! This one I would describe as "acidic" rather than warm. Notes are wisteria, lily, violet, gardenia, yang yang, mandarin orange, pear and white musk. This is soft acidic, not the overbearing citrusy/flowery combination. This small bottle has traveled with me from Jakarta to Bali to Palembang to Singapore. It is very nice to spray this on warm weather..

So.. what are your favourite fragrance? Do you have certain memoirs with fragrance? DO tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment