Sunday 17 August 2014

Benefit: my top picks

Hi everyone! Happy weekend.. i wish you have a blessed week and enjoying this Sunday.. The weather is crazy hot in Tangerang, and even some plants at my home is drying even though I water 'em. Geeshh... So sad.. 

Anyway, today I would put my words on one of my favorite cosmetic brand. My make up approach is more in the simplistic side rather than the artisic one. Looking neat and polished is fine, but if it takes 1 hour to don a hair/make up/clothing, it's just not for me. That's why I always search for easy/instant make-up products.And, I began to fall in  love with benefit. I love how they translate the fun and easy part of creating super-easy make up without being super-fussy.

Benefit packes their stuff good-- paper-boxed powder, assorted eyeshadows in apper box, mini complexion kit, they're all gorgeous and can steal my heart (and money!!). I actually read some review that their product are quite gimmicky, but I think many of them are really really good and raved all around the internet. Benefit is a sister company to Dior cosmetics, but I think this brand is more targeted for the youngsters. 

My favorites are:


1. Pocket pal
Lip tint/lip gloss/cheek colors. Should say I more? Even though the staying power in lips is not impressive, it's great  for a quick touch up. And for cheek, the tint blend seamlessly into my NC 40 skin and gives me a fresh flush of color.

2. Smoky eyes kit
This is my ultimate grooming kit. The kit consists of brow wax, waxy highlighter cum eyeshadow base, 3 powder shadows, a mini eyeliner , double ended brush and mini tweezer. I use my hands to pat the shades on my lids. I should say the pencil is not very pigmented, but still OK for a day look. Going out at night-time? Just add a pop of the black eyeshadow and intensisify the eye liner liner. Smoky eyes can't be easier.

3. Push up liner. This is the ONE eyeliner. The eyeliner features a  soft and flexible tip and  the gel liner has a  semi-matte finish. Creating mod, cat, natural or graphic eyeliner is so easy because the gel can be shaped and smoothed  easily by the angled tip. 

4. Gimme brow
Tinted brow gel to color and define my brows. The size of the brush is tiny enough to fill in my sparse brow without looking artificial. Want that Cara Delevingne-ish look? Top a coat gimme brow after a brow wax. Instant brow manicure.

5. Oxygen WOW foundation and  Hello Flawless Powder
The best powder to have at hand.Finely milled, can be used as touch up or foundation.I use this as a touch up or emergency foundation. As for the Oxygen WOW foundation, it is hydrating, lightweight with many shades to match medium skin tones. And I also love the spf!

I hope this posting is beneficial.. So, what are your favorite Benefit?

No comments:

Post a Comment