Wednesday 6 August 2014

Current Beauty Routine

Hellaa..  Ramadhan month is passed, and in this Syawal month, some people I have a tendency to put on some weight if I do not watch my intake. I plan to live healthy by eating responsibly and incorporate healthy habits. I had some pertaining issues with my skin and hair conditions. My skin was perched and super dry last month, and I should say brown spots and fine lines under my eyes decided to step up to warn me about how bad I had treat my body. Yes, last two months has been physically demanding. I had to cover other hospitals in other districts and that burned me out. But, I won't let another excuse again. I have to do what I have to do.

Thus, I change my skincare regimen.




Cleanser
My ol' reliable Bioderma Sensibio H2O is my go-to micellar water to take off any make-up: water proof or not. And my sensitive eyes can tolerate this cleanser. Afterwards, I will clean my face with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. This cream cleanser can be used with cotton, or as a face-wash. The claim is that this cleanser add moisture to skin after cleansing. Well, for me: this is the best non-drying yet gentle cleanser. I use this alternately with Physiogel cleanser, since Neutrogena is not readily available in Indonesia. By the way, this 2 step cleansing is only performed at night. In the morning, I prefer tow ash my face with tepid water.

Toner/Mask
I use Cellumination Mask In Lotion from SK II. The cool thing is, they can make a mask in a toner form.  I remember have to wipe any excess of mask and re-clean my face after using face mask. Not with this one. Just put few drops on my hands and pat it on. Face mask applied!

Lotion
I use Facial Treatment Essence an acidic-smelling-toner/lotion from SK II because I am quite desperate with my previous skincare. So, I forked some cash to have this. Good thing is, I just need a few drop of this lotion. I dab it with my hands to face, neck and shoulder.  Although the websites suggest to use this lotion with cotton pad, I prefer my hands because I could pat it on. Some people even use an atomiser (aka spritzer). This lotion said to be the essence of certain fermentation.

Serum
Another Cellumination range, which is Aura Essence. I also only need 4-5 drops of this to face. the texture is soft, and rich. And the scent is heavenly! Even just 4 to 5 drops make my skin hydrated albeit the thin texture.

Eye cream
My under eye needs special attentions now. I use Kiehl's Avocado eye cream. It really does a good job to hydrate, softens and protecting my under eye bags. This cream would create "film" which I feel very protective.

Moisturizer
Since my workplace now is super-drying, I have to add extra moisture to my skin. I use Sulhwasoo hydration aid moisturiser on regular day. If my skin need more "kick", I will use Sulhwasoo red ginseng moisturiser.

Sunscreen
Which.. I forget to photograph here. I use Shiseido brand. Not every brand is suitable for woman with dark skin, because some of sunscreen would leave a horrendous white cast (Avene! I am looking at you!). Other good stuffs are Clarins HP sunscreen, and Biore Aqua Jelly UV.



As for bathing... which I love, I incorporate St Ives' apricot shower gel and mineral body lotion. The smell is ah-ma-zing! The other twos: Body Shop bath sponge and Neutrogena body oil remains the staple of my body care..

What is your beauty routine? Do you have certain favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment